Jim Stanley and Jack Goldsmith joined in Partnership in 1953, in the commercial bank chambers at 141 Hereford Street, Christchurch.
In November 1964 they shifted to Sladens building 131a Armagh Street.
Neville Whyte commenced practice from Cashel Street in 1957, shifted to Worcester Street and then to 90 Armagh Street in the Western Building Society building in 1967.
Neville Whyte retired from practice in 1975 due to ill health and his practice (Whyte & Partners) was purchased by Ian Fox and Roger Keys (Fox & Co). Neville later became Secretary of the NZ Fire Services Commission.
PKF Goldsmith Fox was formed in 1985 and resulted from a merger between Stanley & Goldsmith and Fox & Co.
Ian Fox retired from the Partnership in 1988 for health reasons and unfortunately died from motor neurone disease in 2001. Jack Goldsmith retired from the Partnership in 1993.
In 1993 the practice shifted to 236 Armagh Street, and in June 2006 moved to 250 Oxford Terrace until the February 2011 earthquake after which the practice moved to temporary accommodation at Hellers in Kaiapoi, moving to our new permanent address at 100 Moorhouse Ave in January 2014.
In recent times advantage has been taken of incorporation and several companies operate under the PKF Goldsmith Fox banner.
Two of the five current Directors namely: Robin Wah and John Purvis were all part of the pre-merger firms, Gordon Hansen joined soon after, followed by Dorian Crighton and Tim Le Compte.
Gordon Hansen and Dawn Alexander are partners in PKF Goldsmith Fox Audit.